It’s Spring Break and school is out! Now what do you do with the entire family with the least amount of complaints? Tampa Bay parents are asking this very same question.
Thankfully, we’ve come up with our Spring Break bucket list of fun things to do around Tampa Bay for the ENTIRE family. If you have a combination of young children, tweens or teenagers, we think this list will satisfy (OK, mostly) even the pickiest family member.
Check out our bucket list of 20 Things to Do for Spring Break around Tampa Bay:
Spring Break: Stay Active
1. Indoor trampoline parks are perfect for children, tweens and teenagers. Manic Mondays at Airheads Trampoline Park offers unlimited jump in pairs for only $12.50 per jumper! Locations in Tampa and St.Pete/Clearwater area.
2.Visit Altitude Trampoline Park in March on Monday-Thursday from 10am-9pm and Friday from 10am-3pm get 3 hours of jump for only $20!!
3. The newest and largest hockey center in the southeastern U.S. is right in our backyard. Check out the Florida Hospital Center Ice in Wesley Chapel for their open skate session and Spring Break Camps.
Note: Stop by our Family-Friendly Summer Camp Expo on Saturday, March 24, 2018 for a BOGO Free Skate session at FHCI, summer camps, kids zone and more. Free admission.
4. Looking to roller skate? United Skates Tampa is constantly having deals, and spring break is no different. Check out their daily specials for the entire family.
5. We love specials! Celebration Station in Clearwater has a great Spring Break special for unlimited play on their go-karts, bumper boats, and so much more.
6. Bring the family and climb the walls at Vertical Ventures (Tampa & St. Pete)! They have a Tuesday special that offers $10 Admission for students. Tampa Location Only. You can also stop by for their 2-for-1 Admission every Saturday evening from 6pm to 10pm .
7. Dave & Busters is still new in town. Play some games and eat with the family. Check out their regular Eat & Play Specials for more information.
Spring Break: Relax on the Water
8. Adventure Island water park is officially open for the season. If you purchased the Busch Gardens Fun Pass that also included admission to Adventure Island, then you’re in luck. Hop between parks for a day filled with adventure.
9. An affordable family day trip is not too far away. Spend the day at Buccaneer Bay at Weeki Wachee Spring State Park. Slip and slide on the waterslide, watch a mermaid show, play on the playgrounds, catch the animal shows and more.
10. Seems only fitting to make it to the beach during spring break. Thankfully there are so many to choose from and it’s an easy and cheap way to entertain the entire family. Some of our favorites include Honeymoon Island, Siesta Key and Pass-a-Grille beach.
11. Splash Pads are everywhere for the little ones. See some of the splash pad listings we have on our website.
Spring Break: Get Creative
12. Kids of all ages will love to create their own masterpieces. Pottery and painting locations around Tampa is great for all ages and it makes for a great family keepsake. Plan ahead and create a Mother’s or Father’s Day gift. Many locations offer discount days on their studio fee. Find the closest pottery studio and check out their calendar for discounts/specials.
13. IKEA Tampa Kids Academy is in swing during Spring Break! Check out their daily schedule of fun crafts and free food for kids.
March 12th – Spring is in the air! Let’s create some blooming flowers.
March 13th– Make your own furry caterpillar sitting on a leaf.
March 14th – Construct and decorate a colorful butterfly.
March 15th – Spring is the time for new life. Create a little hatchling with us.
March 16th – Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Let’s make a rainbow to get to the pot of gold.
*All participants will take part in a FREE activity/craft and will receive a FREE Kids Entrée from the restaurant (beverage not included).
Please note: free activity/craft and kids’ entrée offer are valid for children 12 & under and while supplies last. To receive the free kids’ entree, you must first participate in the craft/activity then present your date stamped Kids’ Academy card to the restaurant cashier.
Spring Break: Strawberry Galore
13. Most U-Pick Strawberry Farms are open for the season. With prices as low as 50 cents a quart, it’s definitely worth the trip. Check out our Tampa Bay list of U-Pick Strawberry farms.
14. Stop by the Parkesdale Farm Market for some strawberry milkshake and their world famous, strawberry short cake in Plant City. You’ll thank us later;-).
Spring Break: Movies
15. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could watch a movie and eat real food? Well you definitely can, and at these two locations you can bring the entire family. Studio Movie Grill in Tampa offers an eat-in experience while watching a movie and if you head on over to Villagio Cinemas in Carrollwood, you’ll enjoy the motorized recliners as you watch the latest blockbuster.
16. Movie Deals: $5 movies at Studio Movie Grill & AMC on Tuesdays!
17. These classic Drive-In movie theatres will bring you down memory lane and save you a few bucks off of your movie ticket for spring break.
18. Free Spring Movies Series at Goodrich Quality Theatres in Gibsonton on Fridays, Saturdays and Sunday mornings. Read more details.
Spring Break: Make it Educational
19. Stop by the Manatee Viewing Center for free admission before they close for the season in April. Make sure to visit the new ray tank while you’re there. After your visit with the manatees, take a short drive to the beautiful Ringling Museum.
20. On Mondays The Ringling Museum in Sarasota offers free admission to their Museum of Art, including special exhibition galleries. Huge playground onsite for the little ones. Regular admission pricing applies if you wish to visit the Circus Museum or Ca’d’Zan.
21. Come visit the Heritage Village, an open-air living history museum in Largo, FL from Wednesday-Sunday for free admission. See more than 31 historic buildings dating back to the 19th century. While you’re there, walk over to the nearby beautiful and well kept Florida Botanical Gardens for free admission.
Spring Break: Good Eats
22. Mini Doughnuts is the newest craze and the greatest part– customization! Make it apart of your bucket list to visit The Mini Doughnut Factory in Tampa.
23. We have yet to meet a child who doesn’t love Froyo! There are so many locations and you can even find them in gas stations. Our favorite flavor is Dreamsicle from Happy Cow Frozen Yogurt.
24. A dinner and a show is what you get at Hibachi Grills across Tampa Bay. We love that Kobe has kids eat free deal on Tuesdays when you register for their rewards program.
25. Kids Eat FREE everyday of the week. Check out our master list of kids eat free and cheap days. Make sure to always call ahead to confirm.
Looking for more?
Sign Up to receive our weekly weekend newsletter to get free & cheap things to do in the Tampa Bay Area, right in your mail box.
Check out our Community Event Calendar for daily events.