The annual, nationwide Smithsonian’s Museum Day Live event where Museums across the U.S, offer free admission will be on Saturday, September 23, 2017.
Museums affiliated with the Smithsonian will offer free admission for two with a Museum Day Live free ticket that you can sign up for at smithsonianmag.com/museumday.
St. Petersburg’s Arts Alive also offers free admission, some places have restrictions.
Here are participating museums with free admission.
Smithsonian Day Live Participating Museums:
Get your free ticket HERE.
*Florida Museum of Photographic Arts
*Henry B. Plant Museum
*Tampa Bay History Center
*The University of Tampa`s Scarfone/Hartley Gallery
*Ybor City Museum State Park’
Tarpon Springs, FL:
*Leepa-Rattner Museum of Art
Palm Harbor, FL:
*Palm Harbor Museum
*1885 Train Depot Museum
*Countryman Family One Room Schoolhouse Museum
*May-Stringer House Museum
*Orange County Regional History Center
*Orlando Museum of Art
*The Mennello Museum of American Art
Sept. 23 – St. Petersburg Arts Alive! Free Museum Day
- Dr. Carter G. Woodson African American Museum, 2240 Ninth Ave. S., www.woodsonmuseum.org
- *Florida Holocaust Museum, 55 Fifth Street S., www.flholocaustmuseum.org
- *Museum of Fine Arts, 255 Beach Dr. NE, www.mfastpete.org
- St. Petersburg Museum of History, 335 Second Ave. NE, (Florida residents only), www.spmoh.org
- *The Dali, 1 Dali Blvd., (Pinellas County residents only), www.thedali.org
- *Creative Clay, 1846 First Ave. S., www.creativeclay.org – 20% off all merchandise and art activities for kids
- *Florida CraftArt Gallery, 501 Central Ave. www.floridacraftart.org – 10% off all gallery purchases over $25
- *Morean Arts Center, 719 Central Ave., www.moreanartscenter.org
- *Morean Art Center for Clay, 420 22nd St. S., www.moreanartscenter.org
- Morean Glass Studio & Hot Shop, 719 Central Ave. (behind Morean Arts Center)
- The Chihuly Collection, 720 Central Ave., www.moreanartscenter.org/chihuly – $1 admission
- St. Pete Store, 100 Second Ave. NE, www.thestpetestore.com – 10% off store purchases, no minimum
Park in downtown garages and ride the St. Petersburg Trolley Downtown Looper or Central Ave. Trolley routes to most locations. www.stpetetrolley.com.