Well-known for its natural spring which flows year-round, cool, clean water into the Alafia River. After setting up camp, hikers can explore the woodsy trails and its diverse plant communities, river cypress swamps, and hardwood hammocks. But it is the natural spring that serves as the park’s major attraction, which—courtesy of the water’s 72 degree temperature—provides an excellent swimming experience all year long. In addition to swimming, visitors can fish and play volleyball. There are also a benches and picnic tables near the playground for the parents to rest and chat, while their kids can play at the park.
The park’s 45 camping sites—most are suitable for RVs—include water/shower and electrical services. The campers also have access to picnic shelters and tables, restrooms, and fire pits. There are no reservations for these sites; everything is done on a first-come, first-serve basis.
RV/Trailer/Tent Campsite information
- 45 campsites (2 serve as host sites)
- All sites offer 30 amp service, 15 sites also offer 50 amp service
- Sites range from 14 feet. in length to over 100 feet, with most sites between 40 – 80 feet
- Regular rate – $24 per night, up to 8 people with 1 RV/trailer or 2 tents
- Adult 55+ discount rate – $18 per night if your party includes an adult 55 or older (must be present for all nights)
- Adult 65+ and resident discount rate – $12 per night if your party includes an adult 65 or older and is also a resident of Hillsborough County (must be present for all nights)