- This event has passed.
Birds of Brooker Hike
September 25 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Do you see and hear birds but don’t know who they are? If so, join us for a Beginning Bird Hike to learn how to identify the county’s common birds as we meander along a one-mile trail. Registration is required.
This is a free hike, however space is limited. Please be courteous and do not register unless you plan to attend and cancel your reservation if you can no longer attend.
Guided Hike Information
Volunteer Hike Guides will meet participants outside the Exhibit Hall 10 minutes before the scheduled start time. We strongly suggest all hikers visit the restroom (located in the Classroom Building) before we begin as there are no facilities along the trail.
- Guided hikes are under a mile in length, much of which is on unimproved, uneven sandy trails.
- Hikes take about two (2) hours to complete.
- Please wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes, sneakers or boots.
- Insect repellent (bug spray) is strongly recommended in summer months.
- Bring plenty of drinking water and a snack.
- A hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen are also recommended.
- Pets are not permitted.
- No smoking is allowed.
- Trained volunteers will guide the hike.
An Equal Opportunity Institution.
UF/IFAS Extension provides practical education you can trust, to help people, businesses and communities solve problems, develop skills and build a better future. Ethnic background and racial information are collected to comply with Federal reporting requirements.