- This event has passed.
License-Free Fishing Days for Fresh and Saltwater in Florida
November 24, 2018Free
Fishing is one of those great pastimes for individuals, friends and families. All across the U.S. you will find free fishing days on select weekends of the year.
Free fishing days provide a great opportunity for parents who don’t yet have licenses to take youth fishing, or those experienced with fishing to introduce a friend to fishing without having to purchase a license. On these days, the fishing license requirement is waived for all recreational anglers (residents and non-residents).
All other rules (e.g., seasons, bag and size limits) apply.
License-free freshwater days in Florida
- First consecutive Saturday and Sunday in April (April 7-8, 2018)
- Occurs on the second Saturday and Sunday in June (June 9-10, 2018)
License-free saltwater days in Florida
- First consecutive Saturday and Sunday in June (June 9-10, 2018)
- First Saturday in September (September 1, 2018)
- Saturday following Thanksgiving (Nov. 24, 2018)
- The saltwater waiver applies to any recreational harvest requiring a saltwater fishing license (e.g., crabbing, lobstering, scalloping, etc.) as well as fishing from shore or a boat. A snook or spiny lobster permit are not required on these days.
For more information or details, please visit the Florida Wildlife Commission.
Want to know of these events as they come up? Sign up for our weekend newsletter and we will let you know whats happening every weekend.
Become a fan on Facebook,Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for daily updates.
Check out our Community Event Calendar for daily events.