Tampa, Fla. – The Tampa Tarpons will honor professional wrestling icon “Macho Man” Randy Savage on Saturday, July 28th at George M. Steinbrenner Field. Tampa will also hold its annual “Christmas in July Toy Run,”
Gates will open at 5:30 p.m. and the first pitch between the Tarpons and Palm Beach Cardinals is scheduled for 6:30 p.m.
1. Fans that dress like their favorite wrestler will receive free admission and be entered to win a “Macho Man” Randy Savage bobblehead. The bobblehead will also be given to Season Ticket and 3-Game Mini-Plan holders.
2. As part of the toy run, motorcyclists are invited to bring an unwrapped toy to Tampa Harley Davidson before riding to St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital to deliver the toys. Bikers are then welcome to ride onto the warning track at George M. Steinbrenner Field for the National Anthem and will receive free tickets, food vouchers and Tampa Tarpons hats.
3. Those who are not motorcyclists can still donate by bringing unwrapped toys to the stadium box office in exchange for a free upper reserved ticket. Players will later deliver the toys to the hospital.
4. Saturday will also be a “Salute to Service Members Saturday.” All former and active military members will receive a free upper reserved ticket by presenting a valid I.D. Select Tarpons players will also be signing autographs on the concourse from 5:40 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
5. A Friends & Family 4-Pack ticket offer is also available to fans. The deal includes four lower reserved tickets and four Tarpons hats for $24. The offer is good for the games on July 28th and August 4th and may only be purchased online at TarponsBaseball.com.
To purchase tickets for the “Macho Man” Randy Savage Tribute Night, fans can visit the George M. Steinbrenner Field Box Office or go online to TarponsBaseball.com. Tickets start at $5 for upper reserved seating, $8 for lower reserved seating, and parking is always free.