- This event has passed.
Our Wildest Place Guided Hike
September 25 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Explore the wet and dry habitats of Our Wildest Place
and get to see some interesting plants and animals
that call Brooker Creek Preserve home. Nearly 9000 acres of undeveloped land in our crowded county is a real treasure.
Come and enjoy the beauty on this one-mile hike.
Registration is required.
Guided Hike Information
Volunteer hike guides will meet participants in the lobby of the Education Center 10 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- Guided hikes are under a mile in length, much of which is on unimproved, uneven sandy trails.
- Hikes take about two (2) hours to complete.
- Please wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes, sneakers or boots.
- Insect repellent (bug spray) is strongly recommended in summer months.
- Bring plenty of drinking water and a snack.
- A hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen are also recommended.
- Pets are not permitted.
- No smoking is allowed.
- Trained volunteers will guide the hike.
- An Equal Opportunity Institution.
UF/IFAS Extension provides practical education you can trust, to help people, businesses and communities solve problems, develop skills and build a better future. Ethnic background and racial information are collected to comply with Federal reporting requirements.