- This event has passed.
Summer Morning Nature Walk
September 18 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Explore the wet and dry habitats of “Our Wildest Place” and get to see some interesting plants and animals that call Brooker Creek Preserve home. Late summer days reveal new natural wonders to enjoy, join us! Registration is required.
This is a free hike, however space is limited. Please be courteous and do not register unless you plan to attend and cancel your reservation if you can no longer attend.
Guided Hike Information
Volunteer hike guides will meet participants in the lobby of the Education Center 10 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- Guided hikes are under a mile in length, much of which is on unimproved, uneven sandy trails.
- Hikes take about two (2) hours to complete.
- Please wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes, sneakers or boots.
- Insect repellent (bug spray) is strongly recommended in summer months.
- Bring plenty of drinking water and a snack.
- A hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen are also recommended.
- Pets are not permitted.
- No smoking is allowed.
- Trained volunteers will guide the hike.
- An Equal Opportunity Institution.
UF/IFAS Extension provides practical education you can trust, to help people, businesses and communities solve problems, develop skills and build a better future. Ethnic background and racial information are collected to comply with Federal reporting requirements.