Welcome to The Best Family Events Calendar!
Find things to do with kids in Tampa on Family-Friendly Tampa Bay!
Add your family-friendly events to our calendar.
- This event has passed.
Virtual Tours of World Famous Museums
An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until July 4, 2020
Want to visit a museum without leaving your home? Take these breathtaking virtual tours of world-famous museums:
- The Louvre: No need to visit Paris when you can enjoy the Louvre’s free online tours of three famous exhibits.
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum: Visit the collection online.
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History: Enjoy this 360-degree tour of every exhibit in the museum.
- Van Gogh Museum: Located in Amsterdam, Netherlands you’ll see an amazing virtual tour of this museum without leaving your home.
- Getty Museum: Los Angeles’s premiere gallery has two virtual tours.
- The Vatican Museum: A 360 degree tour of The Sistine Chapel and Raphael’s Room, are just some of the sites you can see on the Vatican’s virtual tour.
- Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum: Madrid’s art museum available online.
- Georgia O’Keeffe Museum: Six virtual exhibits are available online from this museum.
- National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City: Visit 23 exhibit rooms full of Mayan artifacts.
- British Museum, London: With photographs, audio and detailed descriptions, you’ll enjoy taking a step back into history with this virtual tour of the museum.
- NASA: Visit the Langley Research Center virtual tour.
- Ohio’s Glenn Research Center offer online tours for free. Get an inside look at NASA Glenn Research Center’s facilities. Select a tour and tap the icons to view videos, images and see testing in action.
- National Women’s History Museum: Celebrate women history with these online exhibits from the Virginia museum.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: Visit their 26 online exhibits.
- High Museum of Art, Atlanta: Explore “Civil Rights Photography” — with online photos that you may have never seen before.
- Detroit Institute of Arts: Beautiful paintings can be found in their online exhibits.
- Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam: See the works of Vermeer and Rembrandt.
- National Museum of the United States Air Force: Explore the awe inspiring virtual tour of the museum.
- MoMA (The Museum of Modern Art): New York’s extensive collection is available for view online.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston: Visit the 16 virtual exhibits.
More Museums to Check out:
- The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles
- MASP, São Paulo
- Musée d’Orsay, Paris
- National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Seoul
- Pergamon Museum, Berlin