Welcome to The Best Family Events Calendar!
Find things to do with kids in Tampa on Family-Friendly Tampa Bay!
Add your family-friendly events to our calendar.
- This event has passed.
Water Play Activities at Home
May 23 @ 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until August 29, 2020
Activities Kids Can Do at Home
With children at home, their attention span can fluctuate and it could take some planning to keep the boredom away. Below we’ve come up with 100 amazing ways to help your children fill up their time, have fun and all for free or at a low cost.
Note: Affiliate links may be found in this post. If you click on a link and make a purchase, we may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. We only promote those products and services we feel will be helpful for our readers.
Water Play Activities
- Set up a slip-and-slide- this is one of those activities most parents probably grew up doing at home as kids. Try using one of those blue tarps that you may have in your home garage. You may also want to try a new plastic shower curtain that you can get at a dollar store. Add some water and you’re set.
- Have a water gun fight– Try keep a large bucket of water outside for easy refill for the kids. You can find these easily at a dollar store.
- Water balloon fight– Using those easy release balloon products is the most convenient way to fill up water balloons. Saves a lot of time and allows you to have more without the frustration of tying up each and every balloon.
- Water balloon volleyball- You can make the balloons as big as you want. The smaller the balloon the easier it is to throw over the net. You’ll need a towel and a partner to do this activity. Each person holds one side of the towel and place the water balloon in the middle. Then together the team coordinates to throw the balloon over to other side. Plan on getting wet on this one.
- Swim in your pool– Add some fun pool inflatables and you’re set. Play Marko Polo, relay race or underwater swimming toys for added fun.
- Water bottle bowling- Have some water bottles hanging around? Use the water bottles as bowling pins. You can use any sport balls you have around or simply use another water bottle and roll it to the pins. Place the bottles on the drive way, garage or any flat surface. Night bowling? Add a neon bracelet into or around the water bottle to light up the “bowling pins.”
- Wash family car- Kids can put on their baths suits on, get a bucket, some sponges, wash cloths and liquid soap for some fun times that also includes some cleaning.