The Tampa Bay area is home to some amazing attractions. Fun family times can be found at every turn. During the entire month of September, a few of Tampa Bay’s popular attractions are inviting you to swap membership during the month of September.
If you are a member of MOSI Tampa, The Lowry Park Zoo or The Florida Aquarium, then September may be one of your favorite months of the year. For those who have a membership, you can visit all three of these attractions for free during the month of September* in 2017 (*See info below about MOSI).
We here at FamilyFriendlyTampaBay.com have contacted each attraction and we are happy to share our Insiders Guide to seeing these Tampa attractions for SWAPtember this year.
Check out our 12 Insider Tips for a fun and family-friendly SWAPtember.
As far back as 2011 if not further, SWAPtember has given annual members of MOSI, Lowry Park Zoo and the Florida Aquarium the opportunity to explore the other attractions for free during the month of September. It has been great way to help individuals and families to experience more attractions in the Tampa Bay area, without the additional cost of entry. SWAPtember is not unique to the Tampa area. Many cities across the U.S. offer similar promotions among their popular attractions. You do have to be a member of one of three attractions above to participate.
This is the perfect time to buy a membership to one of these attractions so you can enjoy seeing all of them this year. There are many perks to being a member and if you plan on visiting more than twice a year, it pays for itself. Discounts, special event pricing, reciprocal memberships, and more can be had with an annual membership.
All you have to do is show a photo ID and current membership card between September 1-30, 2017 for free admission to Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo and The Florida Aquarium. MOSI Tampa is currently closed during the month of September. Don’t worry, they will still offer a form of SWAPtember when they reopen in November 2017.
Good question. MOSI is currently closed until November while they remodel. Since they will not be able to have SWAPtember during September, they are inviting members of The Florida Aquarium and Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo to visit them for free admission from November 18-December 31, 2017.
Parking is NOT included in SWAPtember. Parking at Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo is always free. There is a fee to park at MOSI and the Florida Aquarium. (Unless you’re already a member.) Parking is currently $6 at The Florida Aquarium and $5 at MOSI (Price may change when it re-opens.)
6. SWAPtember is not valid for special events or special exhibits.
7. SWAPtember partners do not offer discounts on food or beverages and there is no discount in the gift shop(s).
8. If someone is not listed on the MOSI or Zoo Membership, they will not receive free entry. Make sure to bring a photo ID for the Adult members.
9. A primary Member must be present when The Florida Aquarium membership is used to gain access to a SWAPtember partner.
10. Guest Passes are not honored without a primary member present. Please contact each attraction to learn how they address guest passes.
11. Stay updated on any changes to SWAPtember by signing up for our free events and deals newsletter. It only takes a few seconds.
12. Each attraction has their own separate rules for SWAPtember. Please visit their website or call them for more information, as policies may change without notice. Please contact Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo, MOSI or the Florida Aquarium.
Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo
1101 W Sligh Ave, Tampa, FL 33604
The Florida Aquarium
701 Channelside Dr, Tampa, FL 33602
(813) 273- 4000
MOSI (Closed until Nov. 18, 2017–See #4 for more info.)
4801 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL 33617
Sign Up to receive our weekly weekend newsletter to get free & cheap things to do in the Tampa Bay Area, right in your mail box.
Check out our Community Event Calendar for daily events.