ZooTampa at Lowry Park is one of the most popular zoos in the southeastern US, with over 1 million visitors annually.
ZooTampa has now grown to what now encompasses 56 acres of naturalistic animal exhibits in a lush, tropical garden setting.
The Zoo offers popular educational programming, fun recreational amenities, up-close animal encounters and engaging seasonal events for which it has won accolades as one of the country’s most family-friendly zoos.
Get up-close and personal with some of the world’s largest, rarest, and most impressive animals, including
- African elephants, giraffes, zebras, meerkats, white rhinos, painted dogs, okapi, and more!
- Expedition Africa Safari Tram Ride
- Aldabra Tortoise Encounter
- White Rhino Backstage Encounter
- Giraffe Meet & Greet — Learn about our amazing giraffes during a training session where YOU are the assistant!
- Dining options including: International Bistro at Savannah Oasis, Tamanis, and a Beer & Wine Garden
- Take a ride on the Expedition Africa safari tram that winds its way behind the scenes and through Africa, even going through habitats—included FREE with your admission.
- Sting Ray Touch Experience & Gift Shop
- Splash pads
- Petting farm
There is so much to do at ZooTampa, make sure to take advantage of the Tampa Bay City Pass if you’re making your way there. You’ll save up to 50% off.
Photo Credit: ZooTampa at Lowry Park