The Tarpon Springs Golf Course is owned and operated by the City of Tarpon Springs. The original nine holes of the golf course were built in 1907. In 1927 the course was redesigned and made an 18 hole facility and completed by Wayne Styles and John Van Kleek. Par is 72 and the course plays 6,200 yards from the back tees with many doglegs that make it play longer than the actual length.
Tarpon Springs Golf Course is honored to be a participating course on the Florida Historic Golf Trail.
Florida’s golf history is recognized as one of the earliest in the nation, dating back to the 1890s, when a number of early courses were created along with the development of railroads and hotels in the state.
The Florida Historic Golf Trail is a collection of historic courses throughout Florida, that golfers can still play on today.