Tired of being cooped up in your home? You and your family could use some for some affordable fun outdoors. Here are some ideas for a fun outdoor adventure around Tampa Bay.
1. Visit a small zoo or petting farms for a fun interaction with animals. Check out these low cost zoo/petting farm options.
- Only $5 admission to petting zoo & playground at Hunsaders Farm in Bradenton.
- $10 per person at Horsepower 4 Kids in Tampa, FL.
- Visit Old McMicky’s Farm in Odessa, FL (A little higher priced but you get a lot for your buck)
See our full list of Animal Farms & Petting Zoos.
2. Get discounted admission to Sunken Gardens in St. Petersburg, FL by grabbing this limited time deal.
3. Go For A Bike Ride At Tampa’s Suncoast Trail. Spanning 42 miles, Tampa’s Suncoast Trail passes through a pleasant mix of suburban, agricultural, and natural areas. Pause for a tranquil moment with the scenic views at the Jay B. Starkey Wilderness Preserve. Plan your day here.
4. Visit the beautiful Florida Botanical Gardens in Largo. The Florida Botanical Gardens remain open every day, 7 am-5 pm, free admission, leashed pets welcome. You will be amazed at how much you will learn and the many species of plants you will encounter. Pack a picnic lunch and take a stroll through the gardens. 12520 Ulmerton Road Largo, FL 33774
See our full list of Botanical Gardens Near You.
5. If you’re in Largo, you might as well stop by the Pinellas Heritage Village where you’ll be able to explore this open-air historical village and museum with structures dating back to the mid-late 19th century. Take lots of pictures. The buildings will be closed due to COVID-19, however it’s still worth the trip.
Free Admission! Donations are welcome and support Heritage Village operations.
- Wednesday – Saturday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday 1 – 4 p.m.
- Closed Mondays, Tuesdays, and all County Holidays
11909 125th Street N., Largo, FL 3377
6. Miniature golf is an affordable way to have fun with the family and it’s all outdoors.
- Plantation Palms Golf Club in Land O’ Lakes, FL ranges from free- $8
- Ace Golf in Brandon, FL ranges from free- $7.49
- Celebration Station in Clearwater, FL has some amazing deals that include miniature golf and other fun activities.
See our full list of Miniature Golf Venues.
7. Explore Tampa Bay’s Best Hiking Trails. Need fresh air and exercise? Set up the alarm and hike on any of the epic trails at Tampa Bay. Whatever your comfort level, there is surely a trail for you. Pack a picnic meal for a nice break in between your hike. Choose from the best hiking trails.
8. Plan a day at the beach. Tampa is lined with beautiful beaches, and all of them have reopened, so it’s time to catch up on some much-needed sea breeze. Nights at the beach are always perfect for romantic picnics.
Not sure where to go? Here are the best beaches.
9. While you’re at Indian Rocks Beach, stop by Seaside Seabird Sanctuary for free admission, 7 days a week. Children will love seeing the huge variety of birds.
10. Go On A Walking Tour. Walking is a great exercise for everyone and it’s free. It’s also fun and relaxing, too.
Curious about the Sunshine City? Try the St. Petersburg History Mural Tour.
Immerse yourself with Tampa’s Downtown Murals.
Find even more murals in Tampa.
10. Visit a park. Some of our favorite parks include:
- Lettuce Lake Park in Tampa, FL.
- Largo Central Park, Full of interactive play features, synthetic turf safety surface and lots of green space.
- New Tampa Nature Park, Features paved & unpaved trails for hiking & cycling, plus a zip line & ropes course.
- Julian B Lane Riverfront Park, Playground, splash pad and green area to relax.
See our full list of Splash Pads/ Splash Parks.
These are just some of the deals that we’ve found. Want to be apart of our deals group on Facebook so you’ll always be in the know?
Join our Family-Friendly Freebies & Deals Group on Facebook.