Florida’s 2020 Back-to-School Tax-Free Days
For your convenience, the Department is providing the digital downloads and social media posts below for individuals and businesses interested in sharing information about the sales tax holiday.
Summer will be over before you know it. Florida’s 2020 Back-to-School Tax Free Days run from Friday, August 7, 2020, and ends Sunday, August 9, 2020.
During this sales tax holiday period, families can shop Florida stores for school supplies, clothing and select computer related items; all free of Florida State taxes.
Below you will find an abbreviated list of tax-free items for this back-to-school season.
Note: Affiliate links may be found and we may earn a commission for qualifying purchase, at no additional cost to you.
Love Amazon? You can still take advantage of tax-free items when you purchase school supplies and other items through Amazon.com. Learn more about getting Ready for School.
School Supplies ($15 or less per item)
The usual school supplies like pens, pencils, notebook paper, crayons and scissors are tax free.
These school supplies below are also available tax-free:
YES Tax Free
- Cellophane (transparent) tape
- Colored pencils
- Composition books
- Computer disks (blank CDs only)
- Construction paper
- Glue (stick and liquid)
- Legal pads
- Lunch boxes
- Notebook filler paper
- Pencils, including mechanical and refills
- Pens, including felt, ballpoint, fountain, highlighters, and refills
- Poster board• Poster paper• Protractors
- Staplers and staples (used to secure paper products)
NOT Tax Free
-Computer paper and printer paper
-Correction tape, fluid, or pens
Examples of Tax-Free Computers and Computer-Related Accessories:
- Computer for noncommercial home or personal use – Desktop – Laptop – Tablet
- Computer batteries
- Headphones (including “earbuds”)
- Ink cartridges (for computer printers)
- Keyboards (for computers)
- Mice (mouse devices)
- Printers (including “all-in-one” models)
- Web cameras
So much more…please see the full list here.
Clothing ($60 or less per item)
Shirts, blouses, pants, skirts, shorts and dresses
Backpacks, shoes, belts and hats
Wallet, handbags, diaper bags
Pajamas, baby clothes and more.
-Swim fins, roller blades, skates and skis
-Watches, jewelry and handkerchiefs
-Briefcases, suitcases and umbrellas
To find the complete list of tax-free school items, visit Florida Department of Revenue