Insider Tips for Substitutes for SWAPtember 2020 at ZooTampa, MOSI and the Florida Aquarium
The Tampa Bay area is home to some amazing attractions. Fun family times can be found at every turn.
After more than 10 years, MOSI Tampa, ZooTampa at Lowry Park, and The Florida Aquarium, have decided to discontinue the SWAPtember program.
Like many offers, there is usually and end to it. Thousands of families have benefitted from this program, but there are still some amazing ways to still visit these local attractions at a discount.
Check out our 8 substitutes that will still offer some great deals this September.
8 Ways to Save at MOSI, ZooTampa & the Florida Aquarium
1. MOSI Deal: STEAM-tember – All things STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering Art, Math) in September at MOSI! $4 group rate for all distance learners and homeschoolers on weekdays!
2. Are you a member of ZooTampa or the Florida Aquarium? Then you can visit MOSI for the entire month of September for only $5 admission! Learn more about this deal.
3. Free admission to MOSI for active-duty military personnel and their family until Labor Day 2020. Learn more about the Blue Stars Program.
4. ZooTampa at Lowry Park: Become a member this month and get three extra months to enjoy for FREE. That’s three extra months for outdoor fun, family adventure, animal fun, and of course lots of rides for the kids.
5. Tampa Bay CityPass: Visit MOSI, Busch Gardens, ZooTampa at Lowry Park, and other top attractions by using a Tampa Bay CityPass, which saves you over 50% off of admission to all these fun attractions.
6. Museums for All: In Florida there is a good handful of Museums that have embraced this museum for All initiative & MOSI is one of them. Individuals and families presenting an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, and a valid form of photo ID can receive individual admission fees ranging from free to $3.00. Learn more.
7. Save on a one day admission to ZooTampa at Lowry Park Zoo with their current Groupon deal where you’ll save 15% off of admission.
8. Save by Becoming a Member:
If you’re not a member of any of these three attractions, then you’re missing out on some amazing deals! There are many perks to being a member and if you plan on visiting more than twice a year, it pays for itself. Discounts, special event pricing, reciprocal memberships, and more can be had with an annual membership.
Make sure to check out 6 Reasons Why You Should NOT get a Membership
MOSI Membership Perks:
- Unlimited admission for one full year from purchase
- Low cost for families
- Flexible — bring different guests every time
- Free admission or discounts of 20+ local attractions & 250+ science centers*
- Discounts on camps, special programs, and more.
- + more can be found on mosi.org
ZooTampa at Lowry Park Perks:
- No blockout dates
- Preferred parking
- Invitations to members-only events$5 off admission for visiting friends and relatives
- Access to Creatures of the Night, Christmas in the Wild, & other events year-round!
- Discounted admission to over 150 zoos & aquariums!
- + more can be found on ZooTampa.org
The Florida Aquarium Perks:
- FREE admission to The Florida Aquarium for one year
- FREE parking during Aquarium hours and for member-only events, as available
- Discounts on the Gift Shop, birthday parties, camps, and more.
- Discounts on our Wild Dolphin Cruise, Guest Swim & Dive experiences and other Tours & Adventures
- SHARE Program Reciprocal Discounts
- Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) Reciprocal Admissions Program Discounts
- + more can be found on FloridaAquarium.org
9. How do I find more deals?
Join our Freebies & Deals Facebook Group so you’ll always know the latest deals to save your family money and time! Plus, you can sign up for our free events and deals newsletter. It only takes a few seconds.
4801 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL 33617
Zoo Tampa at Lowry Park
1101 W Sligh Ave, Tampa, FL 33604
The Florida Aquarium
701 Channelside Dr, Tampa, FL 33602
(813) 273- 4000
Check out our Community Event Calendar for daily events.