Museums are a great way to spend the summer days with the family. Thankfully, the Tampa Bay area is home to many museums and some offer discounted or free days or hours that you can visit. Check out the great selection below.
If you have a membership to any museum, they may also offer discounted admission or free admission to other museums around Tampa and the United States. Members on average get 50% off of reciprocal membership programs.
Check out these 6 Reasons Why You Should NOT get a membership.
1. Kids 12 and under ride free at The Florida Railroad Museum on Saturday & Sunday in June, July and August 2020.
2. Every Monday gets you free admission into the the beautiful Ringling Museum in Sarasota. So many beautiful art pieces to see. They also have beautiful rose garden and that’s all apart of the free admission. Definitely worth the visit.
4. Museum for All. Visitors with a SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) or other EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) card receive free or reduced priced Museum Admission for up to 4 guests at these participating museums.
- Low income families can visit The Ringling Museum, MOSI, Great Explorations Museum and others through Museums for All program.
5. Visit Busch Gardens, MOSI Tampa, The Florida Aquarium, and other Tampa Attractions for 53% off through CityPass.
6. Art on the House: Visit the Tampa Museum of Art on Thursday evenings from 4 – 8 p.m. for Pay-as-you-will admission. Make a donation if you would like or simply pay nothing, either one will get you into the museum.
7. The Replay Amusement Museum in Tarpon Springs is home to more than 100 pinball games, video games and other amusements that you can actually play. No need to bring any coins. One admission fee gives you access to all of the machines. The museum opens Thursdays-Sunday in Tarpon Springs and admission is $8 for children 7-12 years old with a paying adult and $14 for Adults. Children ages 6 and under play for FREE with paying adult.
8. If you have a car enthusiast in the family, make a pit stop at the Tampa Bay Automobile Museum in Pinellas Park. It is FREE for children under 12 and it’s only $8 for those 13 and up.
9. Imagine Museum in St. Petersburg, FL has a Summer Sunday Special! Special pricing from June through August with museum admission on Sundays only at only $5.00 per person. That’s a $10 savings on adult tickets and a $5 savings on kids. Visit this beautiful contemporary museum that showcases glass art works from around the world.
10. Visit the Ybor City Museum from Wednesday-Sunday and take a walking tour around this historic city for $4 per person, which includes Museum, garden and Casita. Children 5 and under are free.
11. On the weekend, explore dozens of art activities at Children’s Art Museum at the Dunedin Fine Arts Center for a budget friendly price of $4 for non-members. Free admission for children 2 and under.
12. Hillsborough County Library’s Discovery Pass provides one-time admission or tour to a local Tampa attraction during a 7-day checkout period.Your check-out receipt serves as your admission or tour pass to Tampa Museum of Art, Big Cat Rescue and others. Passes may be reserved through the Hillsborough County library branch. Discovery Passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
13. Your Pinellas County library card now gives you free access to three museums in St. Petersburg: Great Explorations, the Florida Holocaust Museum and the Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg.
Library card holders are able to borrow a free family pass to these institutions for seven days. Each branch only has two passes for each museum, so they’re on a first-come, first-served basis. Check the availability online or by calling. Availability may change at any time.
14. Check out a bit of history in Pasco County by visiting the Pioneer Florida Museum in Dade City. Kids under 5 get free admission, $5 for students and only $10 for adults. Lots of open space and great for social distancing and a fun picnic opportunity on the grounds.
These are just some of the deals that we’ve found. Want to be apart of our deals group on Facebook so you’ll always be in the know?
Join our Family-Friendly Freebies & Deals Group on Facebook.