Don’t you love seeing sunflowers? It’s like holding sunshine in your hands. Having a chance to stroll through a spacious field of sunflowers, pick out your favorites ones and make memories with your family is one bucket list item you definitely want to check off during April-May in Florida.
We’ve compiled a list of local Sunflower Farms in the Tampa Bay Area where you social distance from others while enjoying picking your favorite sunflowers for your home.
Need to find other things to do? Make sure to visit our Events Calendar!
Tips for U-Pick Sunflowers while Social Distancing
- Maintain social distance by staying at least 6ft from others.
- ALWAYS call ahead OR check the farm’s Facebook page for updates on closures due to weather.
- Weather may affect the hours or availability of U-Pick.
- Please bring your own cutters. Scissors will also work.
- Sunflowers should be cut at the stem, not pulled out with the root.
- You cut it, you buy it. Only cut what you will buy.
- Restrooms may not be available for use, plan ahead.
- The sunflower field has sunflowers and bees. Bees pollinate the sunflowers.
1. Sweetfields Farms in Brooksville
Reservations Required. Sunflower U-pick dates are being released as we schedule them. If additional dates are scheduled they will get posted on Facebook.
Sunflower U-pick time slot ticket is required per person 3yrs and up on their Facebook page. There is a minimum $6 sunflowers purchase per person (3 flowers) required to access picking area. You are welcome to purchase additional Sunflowers for $2 each. All other areas out on our farm grounds will be closed during this event. Come out for some fresh air were there is room to social distance. Bring some beauty from their fields back to your home.
Sweetfields Farm is located at 17250 Benes Roush Road, Brooksville. Click here for more information.
2. Hunsader Farms in Bradenton, FL
No Reservations needed. Husader’s sunflower field will be open starting 4/25/2020 and should last until we close the first week of June. Their field will be open Mon-Sat 8am-3pm and Sundays 10am-3pm.
Entrance to the field and cut flowers are CASH ONLY. Our produce market and The Eat Shack take cards. There is no parking charge. You will enter through our main gate at the address below and follow signs to the field
- Dogs are allowed as long as they are friendly, on a leash, and picked up after
- Wheel chair accessible: the ground of the field is uneven and in dirt. There is no stairs to get to the field but there is a steep hill. A wheelchair with big tires may work, but we have an alternative area for those in wheelchairs that we will direct you to.
Fee: There is a fee of $2/person to enter our field. Cut flowers are $1 each.
Hunsader Farms is located at 5500 C.R. 675 Bradenton, Fl 34211, Click here for more information.
3. Jimmy MC’s
Head on over to Spring Hill and enjoy a stroll through their beautiful sunflower field.
Fee: Cash only. $5 for a fistful.
- No restroom facilities.
- They encourage cell phone pictures, please tag them if you can.
- Photographers or those wanting to use a camera to take pictures need to have an appointment.
Jimmy MC’s Farm is located at 17430 Coon Hide Road, Spring Hill, FL 34610, Click here for more information.
4. Harvestmoon Fun Farm
Sunflower U-Pick is made by reservations only! Your reservation is for 1 hour at the farm.
Fee: Sunflowers are $2 per flower. There is a $10 minimum flower purchase per adult. Cash only. Due to Covid-19 they will be monitoring the situation on a weekly basis and will add more dates every week.
- Practice social distancing while visiting at the farm. Please allow 6ft distance between you and others.
- Please keep groups to no more than six to a group.
- They ask that you wear a mask when interacting with staff members. If you are high risk or have any symptoms please be respectful of others and stay home!
- If you have already previously purchased a ticket, you may use your ticket towards the purchase of flowers.
Harvestmoon Fun Farm is located at 15990 Stur St, Masaryktown, Florida 34604, Click here for more information.