The Effects of An Intensive Piano Instruction on Cognitive Functions in Children (age 9 to 12)
University of South Florida Research Study Pro#00039746
The purpose of this study is to examine the impact piano training on cognitive performance in children (age 9 to 12).
- Free Piano Lessons
- Free Education Class
- Free half-day Camp
- Limited enrollment
- You are being asked to take part in this study, so we compare the effects of piano training and educational training on cognitive abilities.
- Your participation is voluntary in this research study.
- The research will take two weeks (three hours per day, five days a week).
- Children will be randomly assigned to piano class or educational class
- All research activities will be conducted at the Music Building of University of South Florida
- If selected for the piano training parents are asked to purchase a piano book (less than $20.00). However, you have the option to borrow this book for use during this study, free of charge.
To see if you qualify to participate, please contact Adrian Iordache at:
Email: [email protected]