Tampa: Fun and Family-Friendly Boat Ride Excursions
If you live or visiting Tampa, you’ll definitely have to make your way to our beautiful waters…on a boat! Looking for a cruise or boat tour the whole family will love? Head to one of these family-friendly destinations around the Tampa Bay Area.
1. Tampa Water Taxi
With several different tours to choose from, Tampa Water Taxi is the family-friendly place to hit the water. They accept children of all ages, from newborn babies and up, with PFD’s available for children and adults alike.
- Tampa Harbor History Tour – History unfolds around you as your tour guide regales your group with interesting facts that you might not know about the city.
- Dolphin Tour – A once-in-a-lifetime experience, keep your camera ready to see these picturesque creatures up close.
- Sunset Cruise – Take in the most beautiful sunsets you’ll ever see, far away from the light pollution of the city.
- Celebrity Home Tour – You’ll see the biggest, most elegant homes owned by celebrities and the wealthy in Tampa.
2. Clearwater Marine Aquarium Boat Tour
The Sea Life Safari Boat Tour is one of the most popular events at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. For 90 minutes, you’ll cruise the intra-coastal waters looking for dolphins, sea birds, and other marine life. An educational narration accompanies the ride to shell island. Kids will love the hands-on experience of touching a sea creature as the staff pulls them up for data collection before releasing them back to the waters.
3. Captain Memo’s Pirate Cruise
Have you ever been on a pirate ship? Now is your chance. Climb aboard The Pirate’s Ransom, a custom designed ship that was built to Coast Guard requirements in 1993.
The Captain Memo‘s pirates are enthusiastic, polite, and have a way with keeping the children of all ages entertained and enthralled. The pirates aim to make all children feel included in the action. The two-hour journey includes family-friendly activities like face painting, dancing, and water gun games.
4. Tampa Bay Fun Boat
Head out on the Tampa Bay Fun Boat to explore the waters of Hillsborough Bay in style. The craft has an on-board restroom, perfect for families with children of all ages, and guests are treated to free bottled water. Plus, this is a pet-friendly cruise that’s also wheelchair accessible.
- Day Fun Trips – Captain Darryl takes you on a one-hour tour of the waters, cruising through Hillsborough Bay. Relax and learn about Tampa history. And you might just see a dolphin along the way.
- Sunset Fun Trips – Watch the sun go down and the lights of the city come up. This cruise through Hillsborough Bay really shows off the beautiful Tampa skyline.
5. Lebarge Tropical Cruises
The palm trees are real, the atmosphere is casual, and the tranquil waters of Sarasota Bay are peaceful. A family-friendly cruise that’s been catering to adventurers for 30 years, Lebarge Tropical Cruises offers something for everyone. This smoke-free vessel offers a light food menu that the kids will love.
- Dolphin & Manatee Watch – A trained marine biologist will teach you everything you need to know about the lifestyles and behaviors of the bottlenose dolphin and manatee.
- Sightseeing & Nature Cruise – A relaxing way to take in all of the sights of the Sarasota Bay shoreline.
- Tropical Sunset Cruise – Relax and watch the sun set over the gulf. Do a little dancing as you listen to the music of the Jimmie-Buffet style band.
6. Odyssey Cruises
(Tarpon Springs, FL)
These boats have a dual-hull design that provides a smooth ride for everyone in the family. Children of all ages are welcome, and those under age two ride for free. There are restrooms on board, as well as cold beverages. And all of our cruises are handicap accessible. Well-behaved dogs are allowed on Odyssey Cruises, and our friendly staff will watch them on board when we stop to explore the shore.
- Dolphin Adventure & Island Sighting – It’s the most popular boat ride they offer, cruising down the river to the gulf for two hours. You’ll learn about the history of the Sponge Docks, and look for dolphins, manatee, and other marine life. You’ll also land on Anclote Island to collect shells, stroll the beach, or take a dip.
- Tarpon Springs Dolphin Cruise – This ride takes you two hours down the Anclote River to the Gulf of Mexico looking for dolphins, sea turtles, and other marine life. Your Captain narrates as you go, explaining the history of Tarpon Springs and educating the group about the marine life around you. You’ll pass by the Historic Anclote Lighthouse on Anclote Island, but this excursion does not stop on the shore.
- Sunset Cruise – Seat sail at sunset to view the beauty as the sky blazes in all its glory. Along this two hour relaxing ride, your captain will explain the history of Tarpon Springs and the famous Sponge Docks.
Make sure to become a subscriber to learn more about fun things to do around Tampa Bay.