Are you ready to have a fun weekend with the family? While events are slowly being added, there is still so many amazing and FUN things to do with the kids. There is so many to choose from, so we’ve chosen our top family-friendly picks so you can maximize the fun factor this weekend.
Check out our top picks for family-friendly things to do every weekend in 2020!
Our Top Family-Friendly Things to do this Weekend in Tampa
Looking for Tampa Bay Area Summer Camps? Visit our featured summer camp guide.
Memorial Day Things to Do
Monday is Memorial Day and we want to help you honor the fallen military members and their amazing service. They have paid the ultimate sacrifice for all of us. We have added some great virtual opportunities to celebrate and honor Memorial Day.
Visit the links below for Memorial Day services and we have added some attraction ideas for things to do with your family while social distancing.
3. Bay Pines – 10 a.m.
Local leaders from the Bay Pines VA Healthcare System, St. Petersburg VA Regional Office, and Bay Pines National Cemetery. Ret. Col. Thomas G. Bowman, USMC will Join LIVE on Facebook at 10:00 a.m. for the first ever virtual Memorial Day Ceremony!
4. Sarasota National Cemetery at 10 A.M.
Sarasota National Cemetery and its volunteer advisory committee will honor fallen military members and bring you personal stories from Gold Star family members about heroes that gave their lives so that we didn’t have to. This virtual event includes the premiere of an original video production about sacrifice and the true meaning of Memorial Day.
5. Florida National Cemetery – 11 a.m.
Please join us in honoring our fallen warriors. Special guest speaker Major General James Hartsell will be delivering remarks. We will be conducting honors, the pledge, and benediction.
Link will be posted at 11:00 AM.
?? Visit @Alligator Attraction at John’s Pass for a fun, budget friendly and social distanced outing.
?? SEE THE ANIMALS: They have 200+ animals from a variety of different species: fish, tortoises and turtles, reptiles, small mammals, spiders and scorpions, and of course, their crocodilians (alligators, caimans, and a nile crocodile).
– ?TONS OF SPACE: 10,000 sq ft for social distancing.
– ? SAFETY: Following all CDC guidelines and are operating at 25% capacity to maintain social distancing, they also take reservations for one-hour VIP tours on Sundays from 9am-12pm.
– ? BUDGET FRIENDLY: Kids 2 and under admitted for FREE. Tickets starting at only $7 for kids 3 and up. https://bit.ly/kissagator
– ?EDUCATIONAL: They aren’t the traditional self-guided zoo or aquarium tour. They have staff stationed throughout the 10,000 sf facility to share facts and educate you about the natural history, importance of the rich diversity of wildlife here in Florida and around the world.
– ?AUTISM FRIENDLY ? They are the only Certified Autism Center in the local area with a staff trained on how to interact and share their animal ambassadors with guests with special needs.
Make it a family fun outing this weekend. Learn more: https://bit.ly/kissagator
BONUS: American Victory Ship Mariners Memorial Museum
705 CHANNELSIDE DRIVE, TAMPA, FL 33602
Following guidance from state and public health officials, the American Victory Ship and Museum will reopen to the general public. The ship will strictly observe new procedures and safeguards to provide a healthy and safe venue for guests, staff members, and volunteers.
Interactive exhibits are restricted at this time, and capacity will be limited throughout the day. Groups will be limited in size to 8 at a time.
Our Tampa Bay Parent Resource Articles
Are you on our list? Get these events in your mailbox!